Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions invites unemployed youth in South Africa to submit applications for the Artisan Bridge Learnership Programme 2024 .
Learnership Application Closing Date: 09 November 2023
Learnership Location: Kempton Park, Middelburg, Secunda
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is currently recruiting for its 2024 Artisan Bridge Learnership in the field of Millwright. If you’re looking for an opportunity to develop your skills in a leading global supplier in the mining and infrastructure industries, this might be the perfect opportunity for you. The learnership program is available at various locations in South Africa, including Kempton Park, Middelburg, and Secunda.
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a global leader in supplying equipment, tools, parts, services, and technical solutions to the mining and infrastructure industries. Their applications cover a wide range of services, including rock drilling, rock cutting, loading and hauling, tunneling, and quarrying. The focus is on delivering high-performing products to increase productivity and safety and providing services and flexible maintenance programs to reduce costs.
Sandvik offers an exciting role in an international business environment with opportunities for professional development. They believe in the importance of diversity and value different experiences and backgrounds that contribute to a better working environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a learner in the Millwright program, you will be expected to:
- Observe the conditions of the relevant employment agreement or award.
- Attend and perform work as directed.
- Behave in a courteous and professional manner.
- Obey all lawful instructions.
- Work toward achieving the competencies outlined in the training plan.
- Undertake training and assessments as required under the training plan.
- Maintain the training record and produce it when required.
To be eligible for this learnership, you should meet the following qualifications and requirements:
- Grade 12 (Matric) with Mathematics and Science or an equivalent qualification.
- Minimum N2 Engineering Studies is compulsory.
- Qualified Millwright, Electricians, and Diesel mechanics will be considered as well.
- Section 13 Trade Certificate/Section 26D Trade Certificate with Modules is compulsory.
- Physically and medically fit to work in a mining environment, including meeting all customer vaccination requirements. You should attach your vaccination certificate to the application.
How to Apply:
To apply for this learnership opportunity, please make sure to include all the required documents mentioned above in your application. Candidates from specific areas or operations, such as Secunda, Oggies, Middleburg, Ulundi, Witbank, Delmas, and Piet retief, will be given preference.
Please apply online through the provided links at the bottom of the job posting. If you do not receive any response within 14 days, it means your application has not been successful. However, the company appreciates your interest.
As part of their Employment Equity Plan, Historically Disadvantaged South African (HDSA) candidates will be given first preference. This is a valuable opportunity to kickstart your career in the mining and infrastructure industries with a reputable global company. Be sure to meet the application deadline of November 9, 2023