SAFCOL (South African Forestry Company SOC Limited) nvites unemployed youth in South Africa to submit applications for the Learnership Programme 2024 .
Learnership Application Closing Date: 03 November 2023
Learnership Location: Sabie, Mpumalanga Province.
Here’s everything you need to know to embark on this exciting journey:
SAFCOL is a state-owned forestry company in South Africa, under the department of Public Enterprises (DPE). With operations in various regions of South Africa and even in Mozambique, SAFCOL plays a pivotal role in the forestry industry. Beyond their operations, SAFCOL positively impacts lives through job creation, support for small businesses, and social upliftment programs, such as building schools, clinics, and early childhood development centers.
The Learnership Program: Successful applicants will be part of a formal and structured one-year Learnership Program (NQF Level 3). This program includes accredited theoretical and practical training to equip learners with the skills and knowledge necessary for a successful career in forestry.
Location: Learners will be based at the official SAFCOL training center, located in Platorand, Sabie, Mpumalanga Province.
Stipend: Learners will receive a monthly stipend for the duration of the Learnership.
- Qualification: General Education and Training Certificate Silviculture NQF level 3.
- Outcomes: Learners will gain valuable knowledge and experience that will improve their employment prospects with forestry companies and contractors. They may also have the skills to set up their own small and medium-sized enterprises (SMMEs) in the forestry sector.
- Must be a South African Citizen
- Must be an unemployed youth between 18 to 35 years old
- Must have passed/completed grade 12
- Must have a passion for the forestry environment and be willing to work outdoors
How to Apply:
To apply, make sure to attach certified copies of the following documents with your application:
- Matric Certificate/Statement of Results/High School Results
- Identity Document
- Curriculum Vitae
- Application letter
Applications can be emailed to Silviculturelearnership@safcol.co.za or mailed to the Platorand Training Centre (address provided in the original post).
- Application Closing Date: 3 November 2023
By submitting your CV to SAFCOL, you give permission to circulate your information to the interview panel members for this specific vacancy. Your information will not be used for any other purpose and will be disregarded after an offer has been made. If you do not hear from SAFCOL within 30 days after the closing date, kindly regard your application as unsuccessful.
Take the first step toward a rewarding forestry career with the SAFCOL Learnership Program. Apply now to embark on a journey of growth and discovery in the world of forestry.