- Assist the SCM Officer to ensure the procurement of goods and services in line with the policy and all applicable legislation.
- Conducting product and services market research.
- Assist the Supply Chain Management Specialist with expenditure trend analysis.
- Sourcing of suppliers from Central Supplier Database
- Contact service providers to obtain and source quotations.
- Contact service providers for briefing meetings when required.
- Compilation and evaluating price quotations.
- Prepare requisitions and purchase order and ensure it matches with the business specifications and the budget has been confirmed.
- Ensure that purchase orders are approved, and orders are placed with the relevant service provider/s.
- Perform travel arrangements bookings.
- Follow up on delivery of goods and service and ensure the goods and services are rendered on time.
- Provide feedback and keep the end user updated of the progress in procuring the requested goods or services.
- Participate in overall tender process management.
- Serve as Secretariat for the SCM Bid Committees and prepare the necessary submissions ahead of the meetings.
- Participation in the closing and recording of bids.
- Communicate with the service providers for the bid outcomes.
- Perform contract management functions.
- Negotiation and administration of various contracts.
- Maintaining a contract register by updating it for new contracts, amendments, expired contracts and with reminders.
Inventory and Assets Verification
- Perform inventory management functions.
- Inspect all goods receive, make note of any damaged and discrepancies and ensure the goods delivered match the order.
- Record fixed assets acquisition and disposals.
- Maintenance and verification of all SACAA assets.
- Process stores accounts.
- Assign barcode to all fixed assets purchased and invoices.
- Locate newly purchased assets on the floor to determine the barcode number of the assets and allocate to the current year additions.
- Conduct assets verification of SACAA assets, assets condition assessment
- Drafting of various reports and compliance management
- Conduct adhoc supply chain management functions as and when required.
- Maintain accurate and safekeeping of all the SCM records.
- Grade 12
- Tertiary Qualification (Minimum diploma) towards degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Purchasing or related field/discipline.
- Bachelor of Laws / Supply Chain Management
- Level 4 CIPS Qualification will be advantageous
Closing Date: 15 September 2023
All SACAA appointments are subject to S98 of the Civil Aviation Act, 13 of 2009 and all successful candidates will be subjected to security vetting. Employment Equity candidates will be prioritised in line with Employment Equity Plan. If you have not heard from the SACAA 90 days after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
Work Level Student/Graduate
Job Type Contract
Salary Market Related
Duration 1 – 2 Years
EE Position Yes