DEADLINE: 22 September 2023
Project Coordinator Vacancy at the Department of Higher Education and Training
- POST: PROJECT COORDINATOR
- (Contract Three years)
- SALARY: R359 517 per annum (Level 08) plus 37% lieu benefits
- CENTRE: Northern Cape Community Education and Training College
REQUIREMENTS: Grade 12 or equivalent qualification and an appropriate recognised 3 – year National Diploma / bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in Management/ Business Administration. A Diploma in Project management will be added advantage. Five years relevant working experience with traceable reference in the field of project Management. Ability to analyse, interpret policies and develop proposals and Memorandum of Understanding and Valid driver’s licence and preferably having own vehicle. The relevant experience where such experience includes: A thorough understanding of financial management and accounting principles, with the ability to consolidate sets of accounts in the required format/s. The ability to investigate and reconcile multiple accounts is essential. Previous experience in community engagement would be an advantage. Previous experience in writing a requirement e.g. fundraising proposals or reports or academic papers etc. Previous experience working within a computerised accounting environment and having worked with Excel at an advanced level. Previous experience in working with word- processing (including being able to create and maintain databases), email and the internet. Previous experience in setting up and maintaining filing and administrative systems. Candidates who are certified bookkeepers (i.e., they belong to a professional body) will be at a distinct advantage. A Drivers licence is a distinct advantage.
DUTIES: Recruitment of learners, Administer the induction of learners, ensuring portfolio of evidence of the facilitators/ learners are compiled for compliance with the quality Councils, ensure that the assessment reports received are processed and safely filled, uploading of learners and their results on / quality Councils SETA database system, Handling the certification of learners with relevant ETQA Distribution of tools, Learning material and PPE, Liaise with SETA, service providers and other divisional managers on matters regarding learners/students, Monitoring of learners on sites and in learning, prepare invoice for the funders, Consolidating reports for monthly or scheduled reporting administer/ Prepare all project meetings, Consolidate project data for monthly and quarterly reporting, Reconcile monthly project expenditures. Assist in the compilation report on finances of the project to funder, Capture student monthly stipend claims on excel and prepare them for submission to procurement and finance for payment. Responsible for projects office clerical functions like faxing, printing, photocopying of documents, telephone enquiries and safe keeping of documents.
ENQUIRES: Ms Masabatha Phakathe, Human Resources, Tel no: 053 753 2014/ 063 241 2385.
APPLICATIONS: All applications must be forwarded to: Corporate services, Northern Cape Community Education and Training College, 19 Oliver Road, Klisserville, Kimberley, 8301
FOR ATTENTION: Ms Eugenia Phaladi, Human Resources, Tel no: 053 753 2014/ 084 717 1645.
Directions to candidates
- Applications on form Z83 with full particulars of the applicants’ training, qualifications, competencies, knowledge and experience (on a separate sheet if necessary or a CV) must be forwarded to the department in which the vacancy/vacancies exist(s). NB: PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS MUST PLEASE USE THE NEW Z83 WHICH IS EFFECTIVE AS AT 01 JANUARY 2021.
- Applicants must indicate the reference number of the vacancy in their applications.
- Applicants requiring additional information regarding an advertised post must direct their enquiries to the department where the vacancy exists. The Department of Public Service and Administration must not be approached for such information.
- It must be ensured that applications reach the relevant advertising departments on or before the applicable closing dates.