Petrol and Diesel Prices : The Central Energy Fund (CEF) has confirmed a decrease in petrol and diesel prices set to take effect from midnight on Tuesday, 31 October, bringing good news to South African motorists. The reduction in prices at coastal stations presents a welcome change in fuel costs.
Revised Fuel Prices: Petrol and Diesel Prices
Petrol prices are expected to observe a significant decrease of R1.78 per litre, while diesel prices will drop between 82 and 85 cents per litre.
Revised Fuel Price Changes:
- Petrol 93: Decrease of 178 cents
- Petrol 95: Decrease of 178 cents
- Diesel 0.05%: Decrease of 85 cents
- Diesel 0.005%: Decrease of 82 cents
- Illuminating Paraffin: Decrease of 97 cents
Impact on Fuel Prices in South Africa:
Two primary factors impact fuel price changes in the country:
- Oil Price: At the time of this update, the brent crude oil price stands at $89.17 a barrel.
- Exchange Rate: The rand/dollar exchange rate currently stands at R18.76/$.
The revised prices for petrol and diesel will be effective from the mentioned date, with a notable cost reduction benefiting motorists in the region.
Reminder for Motorists:
It’s advisable to exercise cautious fuel usage until the revised prices take effect. Notably, fuel prices are generally cheaper at coastal stations compared to those inland.
November 2023 Petrol and Diesel Prices:
- Petrol 93: R23.44
- Petrol 95: R23.90
- Diesel 0.05%: R24.17
- Diesel 0.005%: R24.40
- Illuminating Paraffin: R17.95
- Petrol 93: R22.72
- Petrol 95: R23.18
- Diesel 0.05%: R23.44
- Diesel 0.005%: R23.71
- Illuminating Paraffin: R17.02
The upcoming price changes reflect a positive adjustment for motorists and users of essential fuel-driven services across the country.