- 1 ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – MONOCLE FOUNDATION
- 2 ABOUT THE MONOCLE FOUNDATION BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
- 3 MORE ABOUT THE MONOCLE FOUNDATION BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED & SELECTION
- 4 ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MONOCLE FOUNDATION BURSARY
- 5 HOW TO APPLY FOR THE MONOCLE FOUNDATION BURSARY
- 6 CLOSING DATE FOR THE MONOCLE FOUNDATION BURSARY
- 7 CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – MONOCLE FOUNDATION
Monocle is an independent, management consulting firm specialising in banking and insurance. The company was established in 2002 and currently has offices in Johannesburg, Cape Town, London and Amsterdam.
The Monocle Foundation was established in 2014, with the goal of providing tertiary funding to female students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds, pursuing studies in fields of study that are relevant to Monocle.
ABOUT THE MONOCLE FOUNDATION BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Monocle Foundation is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2024 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded to previously disadvantaged black females, for Undergraduate or Postgraduate studies, including but not limited to the following fields:
- Computer Science
MORE ABOUT THE MONOCLE FOUNDATION BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED & SELECTION
The bursary will provide comprehensive cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, book and study material allowance, laptop, accommodation and a subsistence allowance. Students will also receive career counselling and a MS Office course.
www.zabursaries.co.za is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Monocle Foundation Bursary.
Candidates will be shortlisted by the Trustees and all applicants will receive feedback on the outcome of their application.
The first step of the selection process is a telephonic screening with the Trust Administrator, followed by a personal meeting with The Trust Administrator. Next, shortlisted candidates will attend a one-on-one interview with one of the Trustees.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MONOCLE FOUNDATION BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must a South African citizen
- You must be Female
- You must be Black (African, Coloured, Indian or Asian)
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying towards an Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree, in one of the fields of study listed above
- You must be in your second or higher year of study
- You must be studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must be in financial need, with limited to no funding towards your education
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE MONOCLE FOUNDATION BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at: Monocle Foundation Bursary 2024
Enter “www.zabursaries.co.za” in the field asking how you heard about the Monocle Foundation Bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts (on institutions letterhead & stamped by the University)
- Degree certificate, if a postgraduate student (certified copy)
- Breakdown of funds required for 2024 (including tuition fees, study support and books, accommodation, and subsistence allowance)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Letter that includes the following details (addressed to the Trustees of the Monocle Foundation Trust):
- Information and background about yourself
- Field of study
- Career ambitions
- Motivation – why you should be awarded the bursary
CLOSING DATE FOR THE MONOCLE FOUNDATION BURSARY
10 November 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Monocle Foundation directly:
Contact page: https://www.monoclesolutions.com/en-za/contact