Monday’s Updated Load Shedding Schedule
Monday’s Updated Load Shedding Schedule : Eskom, the South African power utility, has declared the implementation of Stage 2 load shedding on Monday. The revised schedule comes amidst improved generation capacity and adequate emergency reserves, with specific times announced for power cuts to alleviate strain on the grid.
Revamped Load Shedding Timings
The anticipated Stage 2 load shedding is set to commence from 16:00 on Sunday, continuing until 05:00 on Monday. Following this, a break in load shedding is planned from 05:00 until 16:00. The evening will then witness a resurgence of Stage 2 load shedding from 16:00 to 05:00 on Tuesday.
Ongoing Load Shedding Plan
Eskom has adopted a pattern of suspending load shedding during the day and resuming Stage 2 load shedding during the evening peak hours. This cycle will persist daily until further notice, providing a level of predictability for affected areas. Any significant changes will be communicated by Eskom.
FOR PEOPLE LIVING IN THE MAJOR METROS, LOAD SHEDDING SCHEDULES ARE AVAILABLE BELOW:
- City of Johannesburg
- City of Ekurhuleni
- City of Tshwane
- City of Cape Town (PDF)
- Nelson Mandela Bay
- Buffalo City
Mitigation Tips Against Load Shedding Risks
In light of these power disruptions, here are six recommendations to mitigate risks associated with load shedding:
- Utilize Surge Protection: Installing surge protection devices can mitigate damage to equipment during power outages, reducing unforeseen risks.
- Check Alarm System and Backup: Ensure that your alarm system has a functional backup battery to provide power during load shedding periods.
- Emergency Contacts and Torch: Store essential emergency contact information on your phone and keep a paper copy. Also, have a torch or headlamp for lighting in the event of nighttime outages.
- Keep Electronic Devices Charged: Ensure your devices are fully charged ahead of scheduled blackouts, utilizing backup power sources like power banks.
- Gas Supply for Cooking and Lighting: Consider having a small LP gas bottle and lamp for cooking, lighting, and boiling water during outages. Prepare meals in advance to navigate prolonged power cuts.
These tips aim to enhance preparedness and reduce inconveniences caused by the anticipated load shedding, providing strategies to mitigate the impact on daily life.