About Discovery Insure
Learnership – Short Term Insurance -Discovery Insure is committed to creating a nation of great drivers. Our commitment is backed up by our innovation and a driving program that really works.At Discovery Insure, we offer comprehensive car and home insurance with no excess on theft, hail, hijacking and malicious damage. With our driver behavior program, Vitalitydrive, clients get great rewards and benefits for driving well.Discovery Insure is an environment of individuals who are committed to dazzling clients, innovation and great people.
You can privately express interest in working for a company without having to apply for a specific role, and even if there are no open roles at the company, using the I’m interested button. You can find this feature on the company’s About or Life tabs. Once you signal that you’re interested, recruiters at the company will be able to view your profile when searching for interested candidates.
Hirers can share your profile with others on their company’s hiring team, but this information isn’t shared publicly on LinkedIn’s newsfeed, to your connections, or other companies. To protect your privacy, only hirers within the company you’ve signaled interest will see that you’ve signaled interest – hirers from other companies won’t be able to view it.
Interest you’ve expressed will expire and no longer be visible to recruiters after a year.
Key Purpose of the role : Learnership – Short Term Insurance
This Learnership leads to a nationally recognised NC: Short Term Insurance NQF Level 4 qualification which consists of structured learning components combined with practical/workplace experience in the Short-Term Insurance industry.
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to
Short Term Insurance:
- Learners will be given exposure to the Short-Term Insurance business – client and broker servicing, claims, retentions, procurement, business development and compliance.
Learnership – Short Term Insurance – Personal Attributes and Skills
- Innovative/ critical thinking/ and problem-solving skills
- Good attention to detail and levels of accuracy
- Sets high standards for quality and quantity and works in a systematic, methodical and orderly manner.
- Time management and planning skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team orientated environment
- Service driven, a sense of urgency and a team player.
- Adapts to changing circumstances and handles criticism well and learns from it.
- Speaks fluently and writes in a well-structured and logical manner.
ALSO APPLY : Hyundai SA: Apprenticeships 2023
Learnership – Short Term Insurance –Education and Experience
Grade 12 is essential.
- Maths (Minimum Level 4 – 50%)
- English (Minimum Level 4 – 50%)
- Maths Literacy (Minimum Level 5 – 60%)
- 2nd language (Minimum Level 4 – 50%)
Incomplete tertiary studies will be advantageous
Learnership – Short Term Insurance –Specific Requirements:
- Not be engaged in post Matric studies or formal employment;
- Not have completed any previous Learnership.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 25 years;
- Have effective communication skills in the written & verbal English language;
- Possess basic computer skills mainly MS Excel & MS Outlook
- Only South African candidates by birth will be considered
What makes Discovery a unique organisation?
We know the kind of person who thrives, contributes and grows here is someone truly unique, someone who defies the ordinary, who dares to disrupt, who believes they can shape the future, and does.
Being at Discovery is about being optimistic about the future and courageous enough to make the changes needed to transform the present for the benefit of our customers. Each of us at Discovery has the opportunity to interact with dynamic and driven people, from different backgrounds, who are leaders in their fields.
This creates an exciting, slightly unusual and sometimes surprising place to work, where we feel stretched intellectually while invigorated and cared for.
Environment designed to help
you be healthier and happier
A global community of thought leaders
Constant growth and learning
Powerful source for social good
Exceptional wellbeing experience
A tribe of excellence