KwaZulu-Natal Department of Transport is welcoming applications from South African students for the Bursary Programme for the academic year 2024.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 24 November 2023
The Department of Transport in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa, is offering bursaries to students who are residents of KwaZulu-Natal and are interested in pursuing tertiary education in specific fields of study. Here are the key details regarding the bursary opportunity:
Who Can Apply?:
- Youth in possession of a matric/grade 12 certificate.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 35 years old.
- Students with an acceptance or provisional acceptance letter from a public institution of higher learning.
- Students currently studying in the specified fields.
Fields of Study:
The bursary opportunities are available for students pursuing the following fields of study:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (10 positions)
- Bachelor of Science in Geographic Information (2 positions)
- BCom Transport Economics (5 positions)
- Project Management (3 positions)
- BCom Law (2 positions)
To apply for the bursary, you will need to provide the following documents:
- Bursary application forms, available at Department of Transport offices, the Department’s website (www.kzntransport.gov.za), and other social media platforms.
- Certified copies of Identity documents (ID) for the applicant, parents, and/or guardians, including a death certificate if applicable.
- Certified copy of the Matric certificate or half-yearly assessment results if still in school, as well as the current statement of results if you are already studying.
- Proof of income and expenditure statement from both parents or guardians. This may include payslips, pension receipts, bank statements, or a letter from the Department of Labour stating unemployment.
- Proof of registration or acceptance letter from the institution of higher learning.
- Proof of unemployment from the Department of Labour for both parents if they are unemployed or an affidavit.
- Proof of Residence.
- It is the student’s responsibility to seek admission to a tertiary institution and arrange accommodation within university residences.
- Successful applicants will enter into a contract that corresponds to the duration of their period of study. The bursary covers tuition fees, meals, accommodation, and prescribed textbooks where necessary.
Obligation: A student who receives the bursary will be required to serve in the relevant Department of Transport for the same number of years specified in the bursary contract, subject to availability of space. Please note that funds are limited, and there is no guarantee that all applicants will be successful.
- Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within four months of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
- Preference will be given to students who intend to pursue studies at institutions within the KwaZulu-Natal Province.
- Youth with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date for Applications: 24 November 2023
You can submit your application to the Department of Transport using the following information:
Postal Address: The Bursary Section Private Bag X9043 Pietermaritzburg, 3200
Physical Address: lnkosi Mhlabunzima Maphumulo House 172 Burger Street Pietermaritzburg, 3200
If you meet the eligibility criteria and are interested in pursuing studies in the mentioned fields, make sure to submit your application before the closing date. Good luck with your application