The KwaZulu-Natal Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs is inviting South African students to submit applications for the International Bursary Programme for the academic year 2024.
Fields of Study (National Diploma or Bachelor’s Degrees Funded):
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Technology
- Computer Science
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Geographical Information Systems (Geography, Remote Sensing, and Cartography)
- Land Surveying / Quantity Surveying / Valuation
- Disaster Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Risk Management
The bursary covers: tuition fees, meals, accommodation, stipend, and prescribed textbooks.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be youth in possession of a Matric/Grade 12 certificate.
- Aged between 18-35 years.
- Be residents of the KwaZulu-Natal Province.
- Students in possession of an acceptance/provisional acceptance letter from a public institution of higher learning and willing to study in the specified fields.
- Students who are currently studying towards qualifications mentioned in the advertisement.
NB. Only applications from students who are/will be studying at institutions within the KZN Province will be considered unless the qualification is not offered at a tertiary institution in KwaZulu-Natal or the applicant was not accepted by any of the tertiary institutions in KwaZulu-Natal. Proof of non-acceptance by tertiary institutions in KwaZulu-Natal must be submitted with the application form.
Service Obligation: Successful bursary recipients will be required to serve the Department for the same number of years specified in the Bursary Contract.
How to Apply
- Provide certified copies of your Identity document (ID), including your parents’ ID and/or your guardians’ ID/death certificate where applicable.
- Include a certified copy of your Metric certificate and current statement of results if you are already studying.
- Submit proof of income and expenditure statement of parents/legal guardians or a letter from the Department of Labor stating that they are unemployed (payslip, receipt, or bank statement).
- Include proof of registration/acceptance letter from the institution of higher learning/proof of CAO application.
- Provide proof of residence.
Post applications to:
Postal Address: The Bursary Unit, Human Capital Development, Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs,
Private Bag X9078,
Hand deliver to: Natalia Building, 330 Langalibalele Street, Pietermaritzburg, 3201.