Komatsu South Africa invites South African unemployed youth to apply for Heavy Equipment Mechanic Apprenticeship Programme 2023 / 2024
Apprenticeship Application Closing Date: 30 October 2023
Apprenticeship Location: Various, South Africa
Komatsu South Africa is excited to announce the 2023 Apprenticeship Programme for Heavy Equipment Mechanics. This program provides a unique opportunity for suitably qualified candidates to join our team and embark on a fulfilling journey towards a rewarding career.
We’re more than just an employer; we offer long-term careers with opportunities for training and personal development. At Komatsu, we believe in fostering a supportive team environment that encourages creative thinking and personal growth.
Our presence in Southern Africa dates back to 1962, and from humble beginnings, we’ve expanded our footprint to nine countries in the region. Our 300,000m2 Komatsu Campus, located east of Johannesburg, stands as one of the largest single-owner industrial complexes in South Africa, representing an investment of nearly R1 billion. This serves as the central hub for our extensive operational network.
Komatsu South Africa presents an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic young individuals to join our 4-year Apprentice program at our Gauteng branch.
- Grade 12 with Mathematics.
- Reside in the surrounding areas of the advertised apprenticeship (see below).
- Successful completion of the following subjects at NQF Level 3:
- Mathematics / Technical Mathematics.
- N3 Diesel Trade Theory and/or N3 Mechanotechnology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As an apprentice at Komatsu South Africa, you will:
- Observe, learn, and grasp a wide range of technical skill modules and processes under the guidance of skilled technical staff.
- Demonstrate acquired skills and knowledge as your training progresses, working independently or collaboratively to contribute to the organization.
- Complete prescribed apprentice modules as per merSETA during the training period, attaining theoretical knowledge and practical skills.
- Embrace the importance of health and safety in the workplace.
- Learn to maintain workshop equipment in good working order.
- Maintain a logbook, recording projects and skills acquired during the apprenticeship.
- Uphold excellent housekeeping standards in the workplace.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Perform other duties relevant to the role.
- Accepting Responsibility
- Adapting to Change
- Displaying Technical Expertise
- Working Safely
- Demonstrating Tenacity and Perseverance
How to Apply:
Please ensure that you attach the following documents to your online application:
- Identification document (ID)
se the link buttons below to view more detail and apply online.
- Apprentice HEM (Brits)
- Apprentice HEM (Port Elizabeth)
- Apprentice HEM (Kimberley)
- Apprentice HEM (eMalahleni)
It’s crucial to note that only online applications will be considered. Candidates are responsible for informing their line manager about their application for another position.
Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to kickstart your career with Komatsu South Africa. Apply today and become part of our dynamic team!