Apply Now for a Rewarding Opportunity
Amathuba Learnership : Are you a South African citizen aged between 18-28, ready to embark on a journey of learning and growth? Old Mutual, with its rich history spanning over 175 years, invites you to apply for our Amathuba Learnership programme. As a firm believer in the African opportunity, Old Mutual is committed to nurturing diverse talent, and we want you to be part of our story.
About Old Mutual
Founded in 1845 in Cape Town, South Africa, Old Mutual has evolved from a small mutual society into a leading financial services provider across Africa. With a presence in 14 countries and over 12 million customers, we have a legacy of trust, integrity, and innovation. Our purpose is to help our customers thrive by enabling them to achieve their financial goals and aspirations.
ALSO APPLY FOR SA Army Application Forms 2024 Opening Date
Our Commitment to Africa
Old Mutual’s commitment to Africa goes beyond providing financial services. We are deeply involved in community development, education, and environmental sustainability initiatives. Through partnerships and collaborations, we aim to uplift communities and contribute to the continent’s socio-economic growth.
About the Amathuba Learnership Programme
At Old Mutual, we believe in investing in the next generation of leaders. The Amathuba Learnership programme offers a unique opportunity for young learners to kickstart their careers in the financial services industry. As a participant, you will:
- Qualification: Complete the Wealth Management NQF Level 4 qualification, accredited and FSP recognized
- Experience: Gain on-the-job working experience through a 12-month workplace and classroom exposure
- Career Paths: Explore various career paths such as Underwriting, financial investment advisors, insurance brokerage, financial planning, and more
- Mentorship: Benefit from allocated mentors to guide you through your journey, providing valuable insights and support
- Logbook: Maintain a logbook to track your progress and reflect on your learning experiences throughout the learnership
- Exposure: Gain exposure to a wide range of financial products, industry regulations, business ethics, and participate in Corporate Social Investment (CSI) projects, contributing to meaningful social impact
To be eligible for the Amathuba Learnership programme, you must meet the following criteria:
- South African Citizen: Aged between 18-28
- Unemployed: Currently not employed or studying towards another qualification
- Education: Passed grade 12 or NQF level 4 equivalent with specific subject requirements, including English, an official second language, and either Pure Maths or Maths Literacy
- Availability: Able to join the programme on 01 March 2024
- Other Requirements: Have not previously participated in a wealth management NQF4 learnership programme
Amathuba Learnership Application Process
- Submit CV: Include relevant personal details such as ethnicity, gender, nationality, age, matric subjects and results, residential address, and disability status (yes or no). Also, list any complete or incomplete qualifications.
- Online Assessments: Shortlisted candidates will be invited to complete online assessments, evaluating their cognitive abilities, numerical reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- Interviews: Successful assessment candidates will progress to interview stages, where they will have the opportunity to showcase their competencies, motivation, and suitability for the learnership.
- Final Selection: A final shortlist will be invited for a final interview with line managers, focusing on alignment with Old Mutual’s values, culture, and potential contribution to the organization.
- Offer: Successful applicants will receive offers by end-February for the programme commencing 1 March 2024, outlining the terms, conditions, and expectations of participation.
We value the following competencies in our learners:
- Analytical Thinking
- Effective Communication
- Customer First
Skills & Education
- Skills: Communication, Mathematics, Wealth Management
- Education: Matriculation Certificate (Matric)
- Location: Remote (Hybrid) with locations in Pinelands and Johannesburg
- Time Type: Full-time
- Closing Date: 15 February 2024
- Job Requisition ID: JR-50793
- Old Mutual’s Covid-19 Vaccination Policy: Old Mutual Limited encourages full vaccination against Covid-19. Prospective employees are required to disclose their vaccination status as part of the recruitment process. Please refer to our policy for further details.
Join Us in Writing Africa’s Success Story
At Old Mutual, we believe in the power of diversity and inclusion. Join us in shaping the future of finance and making a positive impact on communities across Africa. Apply now and take the first step towards a rewarding career with us. Let’s write Africa’s story together!