Human Sciences Research Council (HSRC) invites unemployed graduates to apply for Editorial Assistant Internship Programme 2023 / 2024
Internship Application Closing Date: 31 October 2023
Internship Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
The Human Sciences Research Council (HSRC) is seeking an Editorial Assistant Intern for the Africa Institute of South Africa (AISA) in Pretoria, Gauteng. Here are the details:
About the HSRC: The Human Sciences Research Council (HSRC) is Africa’s largest dedicated social science and humanities research agency and policy think tank. It conducts large-scale, policy-relevant, social-scientific projects for public-sector users, non-governmental organizations, and international development agencies. The HSRC’s mission is to focus on the contribution of science and technology to addressing poverty.
Internship Summary: The Africa Institute of South Africa (AISA) leads and coordinates the HSRC’s engagements in Africa, acting as a catalyst for research and implementation support across the continent. AISA also conducts research, builds capacity, and provides policy advice and implementation support to advance various strategies and agendas. They are looking to appoint an Editorial Assistant Intern for a 1-year contract.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative duties.
- Liaise with authors, copy-editors, proofreaders, designers, and printers.
- Assist in the collation of the journal, Africa Insight, and other AISA publications.
- Liaise with the Supply Chain Management (SCM) department on financial and procurement issues.
- An undergraduate degree in Publishing Studies or related fields; a Post-Graduate degree will serve as an added advantage.
- Advanced computer literacy.
- Proficiency in English, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proof of registration (for registered students).
- Academic transcript.
- A commitment to excellence, attention to detail, and meticulous and accurate execution of tasks.
- Must be able to work in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should apply by visiting the HSRC’s website for more information on the application process. The HSRC aims to attract and retain high-caliber skills and human resources to effectively execute its mandate and support its strategic intent. The HSRC is committed to equity and reserves the right not to make an appointment.