We are seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic Graduate in Training: Metallurgical Engineer to join the Metallurgical Department at Tygervalley. The ideal candidate must have excellent theoretical and technical knowledge, be highly analytical and a problem-solver. Candidates must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and the desire to contribute to a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Minimum Qualifications / Experience / Competencies
- BEng/BSc Degree in Metallurgical Engineering / Chemical Engineering (Essential)
- Driver’s license (Essential)
- Own Vehicle (Preferred)
- Willing and fast learner, with a self-driven attitude
- The candidate must be medically fit in terms the Mine Health and Safety Act.
- Based in Cape Town / Centurion
- Willing to travel to the Afrimat Mines
- Demonstrated outstanding academic achievement
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative critical thinking skills
The successful person will:
- Form part of multi-disciplinary project teams across Afrimat
- Plan and manage test work related to improvement projects at Afrimat mines
- Compile accurate block and process flow diagrams and mass balances describing metallurgical processes (mineral processing; physical beneficiation, hydrometallurgy and/or pyrometallurgy)
- Managing value adding metallurgical/process related multiple initiatives and projects
- Attend site meetings to understand system requirements
- Offer post implementation support to projects and operational staff
The candidates must be medically fit in terms of the Mine Health and Safety Act and the Company standards for medical fitness.