The Funza Lushaka Bursary scheme has now opened applications for those wanting teaching bursaries for 2023/2024. Apply now!
Applications for 2024 Funza Lushaka teaching bursaries are now open for not only first-time applicants, but for students who have already benefitted for funding. Every year, bursars need to reapply.
The bursary will cover Bachelors of Education (BEd) and Postgraduate Certificate of Education (PGCE) courses at one of the 26 public universities in South Africa.
How To Apply
- Open the e-Gov portal at www.eservices.gov.za
- Register by providing personal information
- Login to the system using user name and password created when registering
- On the e-Services Menu select Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme
- Enter the OTP received on the preferred channel
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- On the dashboard menu click on the 2024 application button
- Follow the steps to complete the required field with your information
- Accept the declaration to confirm the information captured
Applications can only be submitted online. No hard copies will be accepted for applications.
How To Track Your Application
- Go to the eServices Website you used to log in
- Provide your login details such as your username and password
- Click the Login button
- Click on Funza Lushaka Bursary
- Check your status
When will this application period close?
Re-applications for Existing/Returning Bursars who want to apply for 2024 Funza Lushaka funding will close on 30 November 2023.
If you are a first-time applicant, applications for you will be open until 2 February.
What does the Funza bursary cover?
The Funza Lushaka Bursary covers tuition fees, accommodation including meals, learning materials and they provide a monthly living allowance for living expenses.