Business Unit: Discovery Central Services
Function: Actuarial Sciences
Date: 13 Sep 2023
Discovery – Insure
Discovery Internship : Discovery’s core purpose is to make people healthier and to enhance and protect their lives. We seek out and invest in exceptional individuals who understand and support our core purpose, and whose own values align with those of Discovery. Our fast-paced and dynamic environment enables smart, self-driven people to be their best. As global thought leaders, Discovery is passionate about innovating in order to not only achieve financial success, but to ignite positive and meaningful change within our society.
About Discovery Insure : Discovery Internship
Discovery Insure is committed to creating a nation of great drivers. Our commitment is backed up by our innovation and a driving program that really works. Good drivers get great rewards and have fewer and less severe accidents. Discovery Insure provides clients with comprehensive car and home insurance with no excess on theft, hail, hijacking and malicious damage, combined with innovative, simple and effective service solutions to help our clients with all aspects of their insurance cover.
Discovery Insure is an environment of individuals who are committed to dazzling clients, innovation and great people.
ALSO APPLY FOR : SA Truck Bodies: Engineering Graduate Internships 2023
The focus of the role will be to assist with research, development and implementation of innovative insurance products and rewards mechanisms that will complement Discovery Insure’s existing suite of products. The role involves exposure to a wide range of areas across Discovery Insure as well as exposure to other business units in the Discovery group.
Key Outputs may include but are not limited to:
- Data analysis and investigations
- Research into new insurance products
- Assistance with design, development, and implementation of products
- Collaboration with various teams within Insure and the Group
- Product documentation and presentations
Personal Attributes or Competency Profile
- Values Driven
- Learns on the Fly
- Instils Trust
- People Savvy
- Drives Results
- Problem Solver
Education / Qualifications / Accreditations with Professional Body
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science
- Good progress with actuarial exams
- No previous internship and or graduate programme in any industry or government institution
- No work experience (Essential)
- Between the ages of 18 – 30 (Essential)
- You must be a South African Citizen by Birth or by naturalization before the 27th April 1994.
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.Apply now