- 1 permanent position(s) available in the Pretoria
- Salary Level: 13
- Salary: R1,162,200.00 – R1,365,411.00 per annum (All-Incl.)
- Reference No: S089/2023
Purpose of the Role
To draft and scrutinise fiscal and intergovernmental legislation and support its legislative processes, to comment on draft legislation impacting on fiscal and intergovernmental legislation and advise on interpretation of fiscal and intergovernmental legislation.
- A Grade 12 is required, coupled with a minimum LLB degree (equivalent to NQF level 8), LLM degree and certificate/s on legislative drafting courses will be an added advantage;
- A minimum 5 years’ experience at a middle management level (Deputy Director) obtained in a legal environment;
- A minimum 5 years’ experience obtained in legislative drafting;
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in constitutional and administrative law and statutory interpretation;
- Knowledge of fiscal and intergovernmental legislation and budget processes;
- Experience in the Executive’s and Parliament’s processes for considering draft legislation; and
- Successful completion of the Nyukela Public Service Senior Management Leadership Programme as endorsed by the National School of Government available as an online course on https://www.thensg.gov.za /training-course/sms-pre-entry-programme/, prior to finalisation of an appointment.
Key Performance Areas
Drafting of Fiscal and Intergovernmental Legislation:
- Provide guidance on legislative processes and participate in policy processes requiring reflection or entrenchment in legislation;
- Draf and scrutinise bills;
- Assist with legal aspects of socio-economic impact assessments of draft Bills;
- Prepare documentation required for the processing of Bills and participate in these processes; and
- Prepare legal instruments required for the commencement of Acts.
Comment on Draft Fiscal and Intergovernmental Legislation:
- Provide inputs on draft Bills initiated by other national departments during the various stages of the legislative processes.
Drafting Subordinate Fiscal and Intergovernmental:
- Draft and scrutinise regulations and other legal instruments to be made by the Minister of Finance; and
- Provide inputs on draft regulations and other legal instruments initiated by other national departments submitted to the National Treasury.
Review Fiscal and intergovernmental legislation:
- Audit legislation for adherence to best practice and other primary legislation of the National Treasury; and
- Assess legislative requirements against government’s policy objectives and initiate reviews of legislation.
Interpretation of Fiscal and Intergovernmental Legislation:
- Advice on the interpretation of legislation.
Closing Date: 11 September 2023]