DEADLINE: 24 October 2023
The primary responsiblity of a Data Warehouse Developer is to design, build, and maintain the infrastructure necessary for data storage, processing, and analysis. This involves working with various data technologies, programming languages, and data modeling techniques to ensure data is accurate, reliable, and easily accessible to other teams within the Nando’s SA region. Additionally, the application of the Ralph Kimball methodology is an integral part of this responsibility
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent NQF level 6+ qualification (Computer Science or Information Systems or related)
- Data Warehouse or Business Intelligence Certification (preferrable but not essential)
- 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Data Warehouse Developer or BI Developer
- Solid understanding of the Ralph Kimbal Methodology (Ideal – please list any other methodologies that you have experience of)
- Experience with designing and developing data solutions using MS SQL Server
- Experience with OLAP/ Cube Development in Tabular
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Experience designing and developing data integration solutions
- Experience in documenting business processes for data solutions
- Experience with BI and Data warehouse security
- Experience with various BI tools such as Power BI
Duties and Responsibilities
Data Warehouse Development and Management
- Lead the design, development, and optimisation for all data applications, including extracting, transforming, and integrating data from multiple sources with final approval from the manager.
- Work with all external vendors in the provision of database integration, build, and maintenance services
- Lead the development and maintenance of the database architecture for specific projects, as required
- Work with DBA to maintain and configure SQL database servers and services with final approval from the manager.
- Regularly review database architectures and designs to ensure compliance with business objectives as well as requirements for data integrity, quality, performance, management, scalability, reliability, and security and report back to the manager.
- Transform data into actionable insights using the appropriate BI tools and systems with oversight from the manager.
- Adhere to core data governance disciplines when performing BI activities, including data quality management, information lifecycle management, and information security and privacy.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to identify business intelligence requirements and document these according to prescribed standards and methods.
- Assist in conducting a gap and impact analysis on identified requirements to formulate clear data structures and ensure appropriate delivery to stakeholders.
- Translate business and technical requirements into efficient and sustainable data solutions.
- Design and implement effective cross-functional data solutions and processes.
- Validating and testing data solution outputs for accuracy, user experience, and performance, ensuring that all errors and inefficiencies are corrected.
- Collaborate with team members, end users, and other relevant stakeholders to provide input into strategies for integrating disparate systems.
- Provide users with post-implementation support, including managing incidents and resolving problems using analysis, troubleshooting, and validation.
- Consult with users to determine service delivery requirements and improvement opportunities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
Business Support and Enablement
- Contribute towards the planning, maintenance, and improvement of databases, including incorporating new releases and upgrades to ensure optimal performance.
- Assist the manager in evaluating the effectiveness of existing internal processes and applications and propose solutions and opportunities for automation and audit controls
- Identify inefficiencies in system processes, recommending and implementing changes
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems, developing, and executing strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems in consultation with the manager.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new tools and applications for use in assigned responsibilities
User Support and Training
- Provide 2nd level support for end users
- Escalate urgent and unresolved tickets to the relevant parties
- Participate in creating and improving the procedures for desktop support
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of data training content in the quest to make Nando’s a data-driven organisation.
Compliance and Governance
- Comply with all electronic and physical security procedures and standards
- Follow standard service desk procedures, including the logging of issues
- Adherence to Nando’s technology standards, policies, and procedures
Records Management and Reporting
- Maintain all IT records and tracking for their area of responsibility and provide managers and users with regular updates as well as any relevant status and progress information
- Maintain a record of all inquiries from the initial call to incident resolution and provide the necessary information and documentation for issues that require escalation