Cleaner Position at the Western Cape Department of Health
- POST: CLEANER
- Chief Directorate: Metro Health Services
- SALARY: R125 373 per annum
- CENTRE: Valkenberg Hospital
Minimum educational qualification: Basic literacy and numeracy skills. Experience: Appropriate knowledge and experience in cleaning and waste management. Inherent requirements of the job: Valid Code B/EB driver’s licence. Ability to communicate in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape. Physically ability to lift heavy objects. Competencies (knowledge/skills): Literacy and numeracy skills. Good communication skills. Knowledge of collection of waste, waste handling, waste segregation and waste disposal. Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety and Infection Control policies.
DUTIES: Provide a clean, safe and hygienic environment in terms of standards and procedures to prevent the spread of infection and injuries which includes sweeping, scrubbing, mopping floors, dusting, emptying bins, and cleaning windows. Ensure that cleaning equipment, e.g., polishing and scrubbing machines, mops, brooms, and buckets are clean after use and securely stored. Provide a support service to nursing and all wards in the collection, handling, segregation and disposal of various waste products at Karl Bremer Hospital. Correct handling and disposal of waste and medical waste. Daily transportation of general and medical waste using waste trolleys. Ensuring safe storage of waste containers and keeping an inventory of waste containers in a lockable storeroom. Assist with transportation of waste with vehicles when required and provide general support to supervisor.
ENQUIRIES: Mr C Rhodes Tel No: (021) 918-1976
APPLICATIONS: Karl Bremer Hospital Nurses Home, 1st Floor, c/o Frans Conradie and Mike Pienaar Boulevard, Bellville, 7535
FOR ATTENTION: Mr G Tilling
NOTE: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
CLOSING DATE: 06 October 2023
Directions to candidates
- Applications on form Z83 with full particulars of the applicants’ training, qualifications, competencies, knowledge and experience (on a separate sheet if necessary or a CV) must be forwarded to the department in which the vacancy/vacancies exist(s). NB: PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS MUST PLEASE USE THE NEW Z83 WHICH IS EFFECTIVE AS AT 01 JANUARY 2021.
- Applicants must indicate the reference number of the vacancy in their applications.
- Applicants requiring additional information regarding an advertised post must direct their enquiries to the department where the vacancy exists. The Department of Public Service and Administration must not be approached for such information.
- It must be ensured that applications reach the relevant advertising departments on or before the applicable closing dates.