Two Permanent Call Centre Agent Positions (x2) Available at JOSHCO – Application Deadline: September 5th, 2023
The Johannesburg Social Housing Company SOC Limited (JOSHCO) mandate is to develop and
manage affordable rental housing for the lower market as an integral part of efforts to eradicate the
housing backlog of the City of Johannesburg. JOSHCO is a registered Social Housing Institution
and is accredited by the Social Housing Regulatory Authority (SHRA).
We invite suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for the following vacant position.
Position : Call Center Agent x2
Employment Status : Permanent
Department : Corporate Services
Purpose of the Job: To interact with the customers and provide them with information to address
inquiries regarding projects or products and services.
Responsibilities (but not limited to the following): Call Centre Agent
- Phones are answered promptly in a professional and polite manner
- Communication is clear accurate and resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Departing tenants are properly managed, deposits repaid, and matter is closed on CRM
- Customer queries/ complaint data is properly recorded and maintained on the Customer
Relationship Management System
- Compliance is maintained with all JOSHCO systems (performance management, HR,
Finance, Stakeholder information, Property management, Communications, reporting etc.)
- Answer all calls according to JOSHCO standards
- Collect customer information and analyze customer needs make recommendations and refer
to relevant department
- Prepare monthly reports by collecting and analyzing all matters
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as stipulated in Service Level
Agreements as and when needed
- Attract potential customers by answering product and service questions, suggesting
information about other products and services available.
- Maintains customer records by updating register on the CRM module.
- Conduct Credit checks for potential tenants
- Resolve product or customer problems by:
o clarifying the customer’s complaint.
o determining the cause of the problem.
o selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem.
o expediting correction or adjustment.
Executive Directors: Mr. Bongani Radebe (Acting CEO & ED), Ms. Nontobeko Ndimande (CFO & ED), Mr. Themba Mathibe (COO)
Mr. Sydney James (Chairperson), Mr. Immanuel Burton (Company Secretary) Ms. Marilise Francis (NED)
Mr. Tabane Manene (NED), Mr. Andre Smith (NED), Mr. Simon Clarke (NED), Ms. Jacelyn Scott (NED), Ms. Yolandi Erasmus (NED),
Mr. Jacques Watson (NED), Mr. Simon Masemola (NED), Mr. Terry Tselane (NED), Ms. Simphiwe Mnisi (NED)
Registration Number: 2003/008063/30
o record every interaction with customers and potential customers
in the CRM module on Property Management System
Minimum job Requirements, interested applicants must be in possession of:
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification at NQF Level 4 with a minimum of 120 credits
- A Certificate in Call Centre/Reception or Office Administration will be an added advantage
- 2 or more years’ experience in a Call Centre environment
- Experience in MDA property management system is highly advantageous
- Ability to communicate in English (both written and verbal). Fluent in at least 2 African
- Experience in social housing environment would be advantageous
Please take note that only online applications will be considered. Please apply by using the
following link below, by either copying the link onto browser or click on the link:
JOSHCO is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all appointments will be made
in accordance with the Company’s Employment Equity Plan to promote its representivity (race,
gender, and disability). Correspondence will only be limited to shortlisted candidates and applicants
who have not been contacted within 6 weeks should consider their applications unsuccessful.
JOSHCO reserves the right not to make an appointment.
The Closing Date: 05 September 2023.