Anglo American: Professional in Training (PIT)invites South African unemployed graduates to apply for the Corporate Affairs Internship Programme
Internship Application Closing Date: 29 September 2023
Internship Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
- Business Unit / Group Function: Kumba Iron Ore
- Area: Human Resources
- Reference ID: REF49316V
- Location: Kathu, Northern Cape province, South Africa
As a Professional in Training (PIT): Corporate Affairs within Anglo American, you will be responsible for supporting the effectiveness of the division by executing critical tasks and projects assigned to Corporate Affairs.
As well as building relationships with key stakeholders relevant to the discipline on a Business Unit level and ensuring engagements are consistent with Business Unit and Group sustainability initiatives and standards.
You will also implement the Anglo American Social Way 3.0, providing guidance on community health and well-being and contributing to the training and capacity development of employees, contractors, and communities.
Supporting sites in complying with Social Performance requirements, including the management of social and human rights impacts, will be central to your responsibilities.
This is an exciting opportunity for graduates who want to have a smarter future within mining. Initially, you will be offered a three-year graduate programme with our Southern Africa Business Unit rotating to one or more of our sites where possible.
You have the chance to make a difference in real projects and follow a structured learning development journey.
If you are ready to make the most of everything you’ve learned so far, be challenged, work together with industry leaders, and be a part of a supportive and a vibrant Graduate community, then Anglo American is ready for you.
ABOUT ANGLO AMERICAN
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Their portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible.
Anglo American uses innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market their products to their customers around the world.
Kumba Iron Ore
We produce high-grade iron ore, the key component in steel widely used in construction and manufacturing across the world.
Our activities include all aspects – exploration; mining; processing and blending; shipping; marketing and selling.
In South Africa, we have mining operations in the Northern Cape province, as well as a head office in Rosebank, Gauteng, and a port operation in Saldanha Bay, Western Cape.
To qualify for the Professional In Training programme, you must:
- Have completed a Bachelor’s degree (NQF7 or 8) in Social Sciences; Business Science; Corporate Communications; Linguistics or related degree.
- Have completed your degree or are due to graduate by December 2023.
- Have no more than two years of relevant work experience.
- Be a team player with strong leadership potential.
- Demonstrate drive, ambition, and a passion for challenging work in our operations.
- Be available to work in remote areas of South Africa as our operations are in the Northern Cape and you will be located in Sishen or Kolomela mine.
- This role requires a high level of mobility. You are encouraged to obtain a driver’s license.
What to Expect.
- The role is a fixed term contract for a maximum period of 36 months.
- The role of a Professional in Training is to participate in and complete the formal Graduate Programme as outlined per discipline.
- The first stage of the recruitment process is a review of your CV.
- Should you meet the requirements for the role, you will be invited to complete an on-demand video interview and game based psychometric assessment to be completed by set deadline.
- Successful candidates will be invited to our Assessment Centre Experience with all the potential candidates.
What we offer
- When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none.
Who we are?
- Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
Inclusion and Diversity
- Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential
How we are committed to your safety
- Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer
How to apply
Join us on the Anglo American Graduate Programme if you are ready to take the first step towards a successful career in the mining industry.