Significant operational improvements are required within Anglo American Platinum to deliver on our strategy and achieve our purpose, which is to Re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives. This work includes the realization of our Zero Harm, Elimination of Fatalities, Life of Asset Plan, P101, and advancement of FutureSmart Mining™ programmes. Within Anglo American Platinum, the challenges to achieve this are considerable and complex.
Be part of the team. The team that makes it happen.
Anglo American has a portfolio of world-class mining operations. We mine, process, move and market the essential ingredients that enable a cleaner, more connected world and that meet fast growing consumer-driven demands for products from smartphones to electric cars. Our basic materials build homes, offices, railways and airports, and our diamonds fulfil people’s dreams.
Our values and the Anglo-American Operating Model support the delivery of these outcomes by making it clear that how we deliver results is inextricably linked to what we deliver. Critical to the achievement of this is the leadership of the AAP.
Anglo American Platinum
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium. We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world, from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
Responsible for the management of all operational communication – internal and external, as well as brand compliance – for the Amandelbult Complex.
Safety & Health
Take personal responsibility for safety of self and others to ensure zero harm and elimination of fatalities.
Consistently apply Safety & Health principles in all team interactions and take personal responsibility for safety of self and others to ensure zero harm and elimination of fatalities.
Identify specific risks within working area and adhere to discipline-specific plans/system to avoid these risks.
This role is a Specialist role within the HR structure responsible for Employee Relations practices and systems in a section of the operations. Ensures all aspects of ER support are compliant and is in line with Anglo American Platinum guidelines and practices.
Manage a team of ER Practitioners in a section. The role needs to initiate appropriate ER interventions such as training, trend analysis, and orientation to ensure legal compliance and effectiveness of the processes. Enhance the well-being of employee relations within the operations.
Your day-to-day Activities:
- Expert advice and Compliance
- Handling of grievance and disciplinary action.
- Experience and proven track record at the CCMA
- Collaboration with Unions and Associations.
- HR & ER policies implementation.
- Constantly review developments in the ER field to ensure effectiveness and alignment of knowledge in ER team.
- Ensure that procedures are compliant with legislation.
- Ensure that procedures are used to the full by all stakeholders by regularly auditing usage and application.
- Advice management on the most appropriate cause of action when decision relates to function.
- Provide advice and interpretation to any stakeholder in so far as the function utilization and integration with other HR functions is concerned.
- Effective two-way open communication with employees.
- Initiate and facilitate stakeholder engagement forums.
- Develop a trusting and mutual respect relationship with internal and external service suppliers.
- Support the training and development requirements of ER Team
- Provision of accurate ER related information.
- Support projects for the implementation of applicable Safety, Regulations, The Act, Codes of practice and standards
- Extensive knowledge of LRA, BCEA and other legislation regulating particulars of employment
- Experience in facilitating and maintaining employee relations between employer, employee and organised labour
This role is at a band 6 level functional reporting to the Section Manager Employee Relations
- NQF 7 bachelor’s degree/Advanced Diploma in Human Resource management or Employee Relations
- Post Graduate Diploma in Labour law (advantageous)
- At least five years Human Resources experience, of which three years should in Employee Relations preferably in the mining environment or related.
Knowledge and Skills:
- SAP HR
- Be able to compile ER reports and presentation
- MS Package
- ER Navigate will be advantageous
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, but more than this, you will find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We are a large, successful multinational company – and we are still growing all the time.
Who we are?
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities, and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, but we are also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
By applying for this job, you provide consent that your personal details, including your fingerprints, can be used to conduct background screening where appropriate. For more information, please visit: https://www.angloamerican.com/site-services/applicant-privacy-notice/applicant-privacy-notice-en.
How to apply.
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Closing Date: 11 September 2023