Adidas SA invites unemployed graduates to apply for the Retail Finance Internship Traineeships 2023 / 24
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
A degree does not mean that your learning journey has ended. Progression, improvement and curiosity keep us growing both as a company and as individuals.
That‘s why we created the Future Leaders Program which provides the foundations for a challenging job in one of the fastest moving industries.
What makes this program unique is that adidas has recognised the need to employ and grow ambitious, driven and passionate people of colour (POC) in the sporting retail industry.
We have created this program to elevate and grow POC in their careers to support our country and company’s objectives to ensure we are more diverse.
We have seen great success in our previous program and we look forward to changing more lives over the next couple years.
ABOUT THE TRAINEE PROGRAMME :Adidas SA invites unemployed graduates
You will be based at our HQ in Cape Town, South Africa, and you will embark on a New Manager certified course, in partnership with the Graduate School of Business, whilst working at the best sports company in the world.
You will have a mentor, a line manager and HR to support you.
You will fulfil a fulltime role within the selected department based on your skills and experience, where you will make an impact on the business and your performance will be measured accordingly.
You will also be assigned a group project which allows individuals to demonstrate their teamwork and innovative thinking skills.
With adidas, your career path has unlimited possibility. Our Future Leaders Program offer the chance to kickstart your career without borders.
There is no guarantee of a permanent placement at the end of the program, however should you bring your best, we will try our best to ensure you stay within the adidas family within South Africa, or globally.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Retail Finance Management Trainee Key Responsibilities
The Future Leader will be responsible for working with key leadership team members within the Finance and Retail [Bricks and Mortar team] to deliver budgets, analysis, business planning and financial insight into key pillars within retail including:
- Monthly Store Budgeting and Profit & Loss analysis
- Monthly Margin forecasting and planning across portfolio: Concept Store and Factory Outlet
- Strategic Margin and Net Sales opportunity evaluation in key commercial moments: Back to School / End of Season Sale and Black Friday
- Quarterly Key Category margin and net sales analysis relative to our 2025 ambitious “Moonshot” plans
- Updating store forecasts into total retail financial forecast and in IBP [adidas financial tool]
- Support in compiling monthly and quarterly financial pulse reports highlighting key areas for improvements and opportunities to win
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- 4+ year Finance or Accounting University degree
- Experience: 12 months + is advantageous
- Market Retail Team
- Cluster Retail Team
- Finance Management Team
- Key Business Partners (Finance, HR, IT)
- Retail team
- Retail back office
- Store managers and their teams
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Practical experience an advantage (preferably in a finance environment)
- Embodies adidas’ core behaviors summarized in “Through Sports We Have The Power To Change Lives”
- An entrepreneurial mindset who push boundaries
- Structured, organized and process orientated
- Attention to detail as this has curtail impact on the business
- Ability to work within a team and high-pressure environment
- Broad and deep theoretical understanding of channel operations
- Passionate about sports and an energetic team player
- Advanced user of MS Office suite of products
- Leadership and influencing skills
- Strong analytical skills, creative problem solving and strong customer focus and mindset
- Fluent in English and excellent communication skills
How to apply
AT ADIDAS WE HAVE A WINNING CULTURE. BUT TO WIN, PHYSICAL POWER IS NOT ENOUGH. JUST LIKE ATHLETES OUR EMPLOYEES NEED MENTAL STRENGTHhttps://sassaupdate.co.za/dstv-invites-unemployed-graduates-to-apply-for-the-internship-programme-2023-24/ IN THEIR GAME.