Exciting Opportunity for Projects Lawyer (4-8 yrs PQE) in Johannesburg!
Pinsent Masons LLP, a renowned law firm, is currently seeking a talented Associate Lawyer with 4-8 years of post-qualification experience to join their esteemed Finance and Projects team in Johannesburg.
The Finance & Projects team, based in Johannesburg, specializes in energy sector projects. The role requires expertise in navigating project agreements, including power purchase agreements, construction contracts, and operation and maintenance agreements. The team also advises on PPP projects in South Africa and Africa, representing funders and financiers in infrastructure projects. Notable team members include Claire Barclay, an infrastructure projects lawyer, Apicksha Patel, an energy finance specialist, and Jurg van Dyk, an international projects expert. Legal director Emma Dempster recently joined the team from Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr in April 2021.
💼 The Candidate Required:
This is a dynamic team where each member has the opportunity to make their mark. Associates play a crucial role in the team’s structure and future development. The ideal candidate should possess strong legal acumen and be ready to contribute to the team’s success.
🌟 Testimonials from Legal 500:
- “Great people and expertise.”
- “Very knowledgeable in Project Finance deals.”
- “A good ability to see the bigger picture, with a professional and ethical approach.”
Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to join a top-notch team! Apply now and take your legal career to new heights.
The successful candidates will:
- have gained experience in a firm with an established energy and/or infrastructure practice;
- have experience of project development transactions from a commercial and/or finance perspective;
- demonstrate experience of acting in a leading role in key transactions, being a self-starter and taking responsibility for client service and of managing the transaction and the team;
- be a team player, able to forge strong working relationships with colleagues;
- be technically strong and exercise good commercial judgment;
- be receptive to different ways of working including strong project management skills;
- have interpersonal skills necessary for this client-facing role;
- have experience in business development activities including presenting seminars or training sessions to external parties.
What will we offer you?
- the opportunity to join the market leading team, yet one that remains dynamic with the ambition to continue to grow in the region;
- a collaborative environment where colleagues work together across offices and countries to produce outstanding results for our clients;
- colleagues who are leading specialists in energy and infrastructure law and practice;
- a first class training and career development programme. Our training reflects our position as a market leader in energy and infrastructure. Our training will assist you to develop as a specialist with valuable sector knowledge and the ability to deliver “best of breed” services;
- the opportunity to be part of a team working on stand out high profile international, national and local assignments.
Pinsent Masons won the ‘Best Talent and Inclusion’ award at The Lawyer Awards 2022 and is the only law firm named in the top 16 most inclusive businesses in Europe by the Financial Times Diversity Leaders Report. The firm is named amongst the top inclusive UK employers for the 16th consecutive year by LGBT+ equality charity Stonewall in its Workplace Equality Index and won the Legal Business ‘Law Firm of the Year’ award in 2021. Go to www.pinsentmasons.com/accolades to view all of our global awards and nominations.
Please note we only accept applications made via our recruitment portal. Should you require further details, please contact our in-house Lateral Recruitment Advisor Steffy Lam who can discuss the role and requirements.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain, and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
- Job Identification1555
- Job CategoryLawyer
- Posting Date09/05/2023, 12:30 PM
- Job ScheduleFull time
- Locations 9th Floor, Johannesburg, 2196, ZA